Government of Nepal
Agriculture Management Information System
Mid-Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Nepal

Shib Nandan Prasad Shah

National Project Director
View Detail

Dr. Ananta Koirala

Vetinary Officer/Information Officer
View Detail

Introduction Read More

Nepal is one of the most vulnerable countries in the world to the impact of climate change and variability. Projected climate change poses additional challenges. Extreme weather vagaries as a result of variable monsoon, fragile geology, agriculture-based economy and poor coping capacity of the people have been contributing towards the poor adaptive capacity in Nepal. Nepal is a predominantly agricultural country from which gains more than one third of its GDP from agriculture sector. The agricultural sector alone employs two-thirds of the total population for their livelihoods. However, only about 20% of the total land in Nepal is arable and of which only 40% is irrigated with modern means. The major portion of the arable land, i.e. 60% is still rainfed, whose productivity is dependent on the monsoonal activities. Recent records in Nepal shows increasing incidents of frequent occurrence of heavy rain , hailstorm, droughts, floods, heat waves, cold waves and crop disease. Climate variability affect agricultural productivity and poses challenges to food security and often disproportionately impact women and vulnerable groups. 

Audio Gallery

कृषि सूचना (K Suchana 09-18.mp3)
 
Krishi Suchana 2 (Krisi Suchana 11-16.mp3)
 
Krichi Suchana 4 (Krisi Suchana 11-09(2).mp3)
 
View More